Monday 12 August 2013

A note on FillThatHole......

 Just thought I'd point everyone to a useful site if not already known. It links in from my previous post in that it apertains to the state of our roads here in the UK. In Northumberland I find it hard to find a stretch of smooth tarmac nowadays whereas it should be the other way around, hard to find a stretch of rough tarmac. I'm sure across the country it'll be the same with the common excuses of reduced budgets, bad winters etc. That wears thin with me as there is a duty to maintain what you are responsible for. Fortunately for a number of years the CTC ( Cycle Touring and Campaigning ) have a website dedicated to reporting potholes, poor road surfaces and bodged repairs - FillThatHole, put that in your history if you dare! Its an excellent resource as it allows full reporting without you requiring to know the agency responsible. I've added the link in my Interesting Places list, I highly recommend using it so we can all get the authorities to keep on top of what in some cases are accidents waiting to happen.



A typical example of what I find sadly all too often nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment