Tuesday 13 August 2013

A photographic gem...

One of my other passions in life is photography. Most images I take tend to be diary pictures of whatever takes my interest on a walk or sometimes whilst cycling. If cycling I'll use a compact camera, otherwise I use a digital SLR. I've never fulfilled one aspect of photography that I feel would be a pleasure, that is candid portraits of interesting people, people with a story to tell and faces that reflect this. With this in mind one of the links I've put in the "Interesting Sites" column is for a local film/photographic collective based in Newcastle Upon Tyne. The collective is known as the Amber Collective and for anyone interested in photography and film, documenting communities, social change, industrial landscapes etc, the site is very much worth visiting. The Amber Collective have online documentaries to view as well as a full photographic collection of nearly 40 photographers, this includes a collection of photographs by the New York photographer Weegee. Its an excellent online resource and well worth browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment